Job Title: Nurse Specialist (GP Practice)
Responsible to: Advanced Nurse Practitioner (ANP)
Location: As per contract
Hours of work As per contract
Salary: As per contract
This position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications which may be required of the employee assigned to the position. Depending on the size of the facility the job duties may vary. Receipt of the job description does not imply nor create a promise of employment, nor an employment contract of any kind; my employment with the Company is at-will.
Paediatric Nurses provide direct and individualised nursing care to patients based on the application of scientific nursing principles. Responsibilities of a Paediatric Nurse vary widely based on the type of setting, but basic duties include (but are not limited to):
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care to patient
- Consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Helps patients to be comfortable and cooperative with examinations/procedures
- Measures patient’s vital signs, such as blood pressure, breathing and heart rate, and initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology
- Performs physical, medical and diagnostic tests
- Collects samples of patient’s urine and stools for laboratory tests
- Prepares and administers and records prescribed medications.
- Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments
- Assists treating physician during examination, treatment and procedures
- Provides education, information and support to the patient’s family
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting
DEPENDING ON SETTING MAY ALSO:
- Float among various clinical services, where qualified and competent
- Completes required orientation as directed by facility
- Follows facility and OSHA safety rules and procedures while on assignment
- Follows facility and GHR Unusual Occurrence Protocol
- Respects cultural and religious practices of patients
- Upholds HIPAA regulations
- Punctual and dependent for assigned/confirmed shifts
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- Current nursing license, in good standing with the State licensing board
- Minimum of one (1) year Med/Surge experience
- Federal-, State- and GHR-required credentials current and on file
- Cognitive skills as related to the position
Because patients need round-the-clock care, working hours include days, nights, weekends and holidays. The number of patients assigned per shift will vary with facility, however, in most settings, the caseload is heavy and the environment is fast-paced. Nurses spend considerable time walking, bending, stretching and standing; they assist in patient transfers, so to guard against back injury, they must follow proper body mechanics and procedures for lifting/moving patients. Nurses may face hazards from exposure to chemicals and infectious diseases.
- Ability to lift twenty (20) pounds. Moving, lifting or transferring of up to fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to stand for extended periods
- Fine motor skills
- Visual acuity
At Recruit 4care ltd, we are always looking for reliable, motivated and dedicated nurse all over UK. We pride ourselves on the quality of our staff, the dedication to their job and the compassion they have for their service users.
Recruit 4care ltd offer competitive rates of pay, flexible working hours, and career development opportunities.
If you would like to apply for a job, please use our online job enquiry form. We will contact you as soon as possible.